- July 15: Ford Allegedly Knew About Defective Fiesta and Focus Transmissions news | 8 days ago
- July 12: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCab Trucks For Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 11 days ago
- July 9: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall, Take 2 recalls | 14 days ago
- June 25: Ford Recalls Econolines That May Suddenly Lose Propulsion recalls | 28 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150 Trucks That Received Faulty Recall Repairs recalls | 40 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
Windows / Windshield Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
2013 Ford Escape Windows / Windshield Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Windshield Cracked8
- Rear Windshield Exploded4
- Rear Window Defrost Has Line(S) Not Working2
- Window Fell Down And Wouldn't Go Back Up2
- Wipers Not Working2
- Distorted Windshield1
- Sunroof Stuck Closed1
- Windshield Fogs Up1
- Windshield Not Sealed Properly1
- Windshield Wipers Operate Unintentionally1
- Winshield Glare Limits Visibility1
- NHTSA: Visibility2
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield2
- NHTSA: Visibility: Power Window Devices And Controls1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.