- April 16: Ford Unintended Acceleration Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 4 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 6 days ago
- April 13: Driverless Cars: 66 Percent of Consumers Don't Want Them news | 7 days ago
- April 12: Ford Engine Block Heater Recall Ordered Over Cords recalls | 8 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 29 days ago
2014 Ford Escape (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The top problem trend for the 2014 Escape is transmission failure at around 70k miles.
This is relatively low mileage for an expensive transmission failure ($4,500 average to fix), but unless the trend becomes more established, we are only awarding the 2014 Escape our "Beware of the Clunker" badge for now.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 75,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 34 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (16 reports)
- not sure (8 reports)
- replace with rebuilt trans (6 reports)
- rebuild transmission (3 reports)
- replaced axle shaft bushing and seal (1 reports)