- December 6: Ford Explorers and Lincoln Aviators Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 1 days ago
- December 6: Ford Recalls Ford F-250, F-350 and F-450 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 1 days ago
- December 1: Ford F-150 Peeling Paint Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- November 25: Ford Ranger Tail Light Recall Issued For 78,000 Trucks recalls | 12 days ago
- November 23: Rear Seat Belt Reminder Systems Are Still Needed news | 14 days ago
2014 Ford Escape (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The top problem trend for the 2014 Escape is transmission failure at around 70k miles.
This is relatively low mileage for an expensive transmission failure ($4,500 average to fix), but unless the trend becomes more established, we are only awarding the 2014 Escape our "Beware of the Clunker" badge for now.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 78,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 40 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (21 reports)
- not sure (9 reports)
- replace with rebuilt trans (6 reports)
- rebuild transmission (3 reports)
- replaced axle shaft bushing and seal (1 reports)