- February 17: Ford F-150 Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- February 15: Ford Duratec Lawsuit Over Water Pumps May Be Ending news | 5 days ago
- February 15: Ford Sunroof Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 5 days ago
- February 12: Ford Toe Link Recall Includes Flex, Taurus and Lincoln MKT recalls | 8 days ago
- February 1: Ford Focus and Fiesta Transmission Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 19 days ago
2014 Ford Escape (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The top problem trend for the 2014 Escape is transmission failure at around 70k miles.
This is relatively low mileage for an expensive transmission failure ($4,500 average to fix), but unless the trend becomes more established, we are only awarding the 2014 Escape our "Beware of the Clunker" badge for now.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 78,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 40 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (21 reports)
- not sure (9 reports)
- replace with rebuilt trans (6 reports)
- rebuild transmission (3 reports)
- replaced axle shaft bushing and seal (1 reports)