2016 Ford Escape transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Escape:

2016 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Aug 012018

Escape SE 1.6L Ecoboost

Got the car brand new, and I immediately noticed that under hard acceleration from a stop that the car would STOP accelerating and stayed 1 first gear and would not go any faster. While this happened the engine RPMs would just stay at 4500, if you left the gas pedal to the floor it would hang there forever... To recover, I had to let off the gas, allow the car to shift into a lower gear and resume acceleration. Which takes quite some time since the transmission is not every responsive, at all.

This scared me several occasions as I live in a rather congested area that sometimes requires "getting on it" to merge with traffic. This gave me major insecurities on the road, and it nerve racking when it happens.

Imagine being committed to merging into traffic (in first gear) foot on the floor, highway vehicles are fast approaching, you are on a short on-ramp and your car completely stops accelerating. Scary. Happened to me at least ten times in 3 years. Now I am at 36000 miles and It hasn't occurs in some time. I hope this comment can help keep someone safe on the road.

- Ron D., Pittsburgh, PA, US