2017 Ford Escape seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ford Escape:

2017 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Jan 172018

Escape

I was driving my car at 45 mph when another car cut in front of me and we connected. I pushed her car over a stop sign. My face and body hit the drivers window causing a neck and back injury and 9000 damage to my car that had 2300 miles on it last Jan. 17th. Why did my air bags did not go off to protect me?

- Blairsville, PA, USA

Dec 222017

Escape

Front collision car was total loss no air bags deployed front side nothing. On freeway going West 70 miles per hour was cut off while braking ran into back of parked full size SUV out of gas in the medium off the freeway.

- Angels Camp, CA, USA

Nov 202017

Escape

Vehicle was involved in three vehicle crash November 20, 2017. Vehicle was traveling through an intersection on a green light and was impacted on the side by another vehicle and rotated/rolled into a third vehicle. No airbags deployed during this incident. Vehicle had over $28K worth do damage including significant frame and structural damage. Occupants of the vehicle stuffed extreme bruising, a concussion and loss of skin from impacting inside sides of vehicle.

- Lakewood, CO, USA

Mar 052017

Escape

The contact owns a 2017 Ford Escape. While the contact's spouse was driving 70 mph, the front driver side tire blew out and the vehicle crashed into a guardrail. The contact was unsure of what warning indicators were illuminated. The contact stated that the front driver and passenger side air bags deployed and the seat belts engaged; however, the rear passenger side seat belt failed to engage. The driver sustained a fractured sternum and contusion, the front passenger sustained bruised ribs and a scraped elbow, and the rear passenger sustained a fractured sternum and collar bone, which required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed, but was not diagnosed for the seat belt failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 16,296.

- Lake Station, IN, USA

Sep 272016

Escape

I was involved in a 5 car pile up on an express way traveling 65 miles per hour and the airbag did not deploy. The car was totaled. I was wearing a seat belt and had multiple contusions and concussions from whiplash.

- Lansing, MI, USA