2017 Ford Escape seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ford Escape:

2017 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Sep 172018

Escape

We were involved in a car accident on a highway when I was making a left turn and a car came up and hit the left front wheel well and ending up tearing off the front of the car. As our car came to a stop the driver's side seat belt kept tightening and my abdomen started to be pushed up into my diaphragm and was causing me to have problems with my breathing and so at first the belt did not want to release so pushed the release a couple of times and finally it released. Two other passengers, their seat belts did not respond the same way. If I had been unconscious would the belt have continued to close off my breathing until I expired? I do have pictures of the vehicle and roadway if you need any information from them.

- Woodburn, OR, USA

Aug 012018

Escape

Within 17,000 miles on the 2017 Ford Escape the brakes and the rotors went out and within 8 months of having bought the Escape one of the rear seatbelts is not working

- Reseda, CA, USA

Mar 052017

Escape

The contact owns a 2017 Ford Escape. While the contact's spouse was driving 70 mph, the front driver side tire blew out and the vehicle crashed into a guardrail. The contact was unsure of what warning indicators were illuminated. The contact stated that the front driver and passenger side air bags deployed and the seat belts engaged; however, the rear passenger side seat belt failed to engage. The driver sustained a fractured sternum and contusion, the front passenger sustained bruised ribs and a scraped elbow, and the rear passenger sustained a fractured sternum and collar bone, which required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed, but was not diagnosed for the seat belt failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 16,296.

- Lake Station, IN, USA