- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes Nearly 617,000 Vehicles recalls | 2 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 14 days ago
- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 46 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 53 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 48345
2020 Ford Escape
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- Some 2019-2020 Edge/Escape/Nautilus/Corsair vehicles equipped with 2.0L EcoBoost engines may exhibit low coolant, white smoke from the tailpipe, an over temperature warning in the instrument panel cluster (IPC), external coolant leaking, and/or illuminated MIL with DTCs P0217, P0401, P1026, P1285, P1299, P2196 or P2467 stored in the PCM. This may be due to an EGR Cooler that is leaking coolant into the engine intake and exhaust system. The EGR cooler should be inspected first to detect the presence of any internal leaks by a visual inspection and a pressure test as defined in the Workshop Manual (WSM). If any coolant is found leaking from the coolant chamber into the exhaust chamber, replace the EGR cooler. If no issues are detected with the EGR cooler, continue repair diagnosis using standard diagnostic procedures as defined in the WSM.
Click a tab for more information.