- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 6 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 25 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 27 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 27 days ago
Ford Recall 17C08: Driver Seat Back Frame May Fail/FMVSS 202, 207
2017 Ford Explorer
If the occupant is not adequately restrained in the event of a crash, they have an increased risk of injury.
Seats — Front Assembly — Recliner
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 Ford Explorer, F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 vehicles equipped with a manual driver's seat back recliner mechanism. In the event of a crash, the seat back frame may not restrain the occupant due to having inadequate welds. As such, these vehicles may not meet the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) numbers 202a, "Head Restraints" and 207, "Seating Systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the seat back frame, free of charge. The recall began on June 7, 2017. Owners may contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17C08.
- Documents (10)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance 573 Report/FMVSS 202, 207
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - May 23, 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Media Correspondence
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.