- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 16 days ago
- April 6: Rollaway Danger: Ford F-150, F-650, F-750 and Ford Expedition recalls | 17 days ago
- April 6: Cop Sues Ford Over Alleged Carbon Monoxide Poisoning news | 17 days ago
- April 4: Lawsuit Alleges Weak Ford F-250 Roof Killed Georgia Couple news | 19 days ago
Ford Recall 17C08: Driver Seat Back Frame May Fail/FMVSS 202, 207
2017 Ford Explorer
If the occupant is not adequately restrained in the event of a crash, they have an increased risk of injury.
Seats — Front Assembly — Recliner
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 Ford Explorer, F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 vehicles equipped with a manual driver's seat back recliner mechanism. In the event of a crash, the seat back frame may not restrain the occupant due to having inadequate welds. As such, these vehicles may not meet the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) numbers 202a, "Head Restraints" and 207, "Seating Systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the seat back frame, free of charge. The recall began on June 7, 2017. Owners may contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17C08.
- Documents (10)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance 573 Report/FMVSS 202, 207
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - May 23, 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Media Correspondence
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.