- June 4: Ford Recalls Bronco, F-250 and Ranger Vehicles recalls | 1 days ago
- May 25: Ford Bronco Seat Belt Problems Cause Recall of 175,000 Broncos recalls | 11 days ago
- May 19: Ford and Lincoln Backup Camera Recall Failed recalls | 17 days ago
- May 17: Ford Truck Steering Wheel Clock Spring Recall to Begin recalls | 19 days ago
- May 12: Ford Recalls 2.3L RWD, 3.3L Gas, 3.3L FHEV and 3.0L ST Explorers recalls | 24 days ago
2015 Ford F-150 (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: We aren't rating the 2015 F-150 as "bad" yet, but there is an early trend of complaints about the transmission shifting roughly.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 13,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 35 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (26 reports)
- cpu update (4 reports)
- pcm reprogram update (4 reports)
- rebuild transmission (1 reports)
- TSB 15-0142 Harsh Downshift - The powertrain control modulet (PCM) needs to be reprogrammed follow link above.
- TSB 16-0015 - This Article Supersedes TSB 15-0142 - FORD: 2015-2016 F-150 This article supersedes TSB 15-0142 to update the vehicle model years. ISSUE Some 2015-2016 F-150 vehicles may exhibit a harsh or firm 5-4 downshift. 5.0L, 3.5L twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT), and 3.5L gas turbocharged direct injection (GTDI) vehicles built on or before 12/18/2015 and 2.7L GTDI vehicles built on or before 12/18/15 are affected. The condition usually occurs while coasting with very light pressure on the accelerator between 40-56 Km/h (25-35 MPH). ACTION Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 96.04 or higher.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Had this problem at 45000 miles and was covered under warranty (with diff repair that was covered). When slowing down and speeding back up I would get a hard shift, so hard it feels like someone hit the back of the truck. Took my truck to a different dealer and they say a new update is out and will cost $125 plus $90 just to look at the truck. No fault codes and Ford will not pay. Last Ford I will buy.
- Shawn V., Greenville, US