7.0

1. replace engine short block (1 reports)
  2. replace o2 sensor (1 reports)
2017 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ford F-150:

2017 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

May 092017

F-150 XL 5.0L V8

Check engine light came on at 700 miles on a brand new F150 with the 5.0 V8 engine. Vehicle less than a month old. O2 sensor was replaced by the dealer under warranty, check engine light reset.

- biggums, Concord, US

Sep 042017

F-150 XLT 2.7L V6 Ecoboost

Problem occurred at about 5k miles. Check engine light would come on, after a few days go off. Dealer could not reproduce it. This went on for 6+ months. At the beginning of June 2018, just before I had owned the truck for 1 yr, the light came on and blinked. It was on for 1.5 weeks. Took it to dealer, they diagnosed it as Coolant leaking into the engine, but, they would not be able to fix for at least 2 weeks. I took it back to the dealer I purchased it from and the light was off, they could not reproduce it after having the truck for 3 weeks. 2 days after I get it back, the light is on. I take it to a different dealer in August and they diagnose it as Coolant leaking into the engine. They cannot look at it for 2 weeks. 2 weeks go by, now it will be another 1.5 weeks as there are other vehicles "in front of me" to have engine work done. No loaner available during this time.

The truck is not even fixed yet, but, this is terrible customer service. Ford Customer Service seems to be outsourced and they do not really care. I find it interesting that there are so many engine issues with Ford vehicles lately. I had called more than 1 dealer and they were all backed up.

Update from Sep 25, 2018: I picked up my truck on 9/17/18. It was completed on 9/14. So, over a month in the shop. After explaining to the Dealer Service Manager all of the hassle this truck has been, he spoke with their Ford Rep and they offered me a Premium extended warranty. Nice, but, given this is a brand new truck with major engine problems, offering that warranty is a minimum. Does Ford care about their customers? Who knows. While this was going on, my Chevy Traverse had the check engine light come on. I took it to our Chevy Dealer and the experience was "night and day" dfiferent. Top Notch customer service and communication along with a loaner ready when I arrived.

The 'fix' was a replaced short block. I requested a long block based on the issues but, they again paid no attention to my request or took it into consideration. We'll see if it is fixed long-term.

- jsilveus, New Berlin, US