- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 12 days ago
- April 6: Rollaway Danger: Ford F-150, F-650, F-750 and Ford Expedition recalls | 13 days ago
- April 6: Cop Sues Ford Over Alleged Carbon Monoxide Poisoning news | 13 days ago
- April 4: Lawsuit Alleges Weak Ford F-250 Roof Killed Georgia Couple news | 15 days ago
- April 2: EPA Says Vehicle Emissions Standards Are Too High news | 17 days ago
Ford Recall 17S33: Doors May Open While Driving
2017 Ford F-150
A door that opens while driving can increase the risk of injury.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Ford F-150, and 2017 F-250, F-350, F-450, and F-550 Super Duty trucks. The doors on these vehicles may have a bent or kinked actuation cable or the door latches may freeze after water gets into the latch. Either condition can result in the doors opening while driving although they appear to be closed.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the door latch actuation cables and repair if necessary, and install water shields over the door latches, free of charge. Ford issued an interim notification to owners on November 9, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S33.
- Documents (8)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - October 17, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 17S33 – Advance Notice
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Media Correspondence
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.