- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 2 days ago
- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 8 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 8 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 11 days ago
Ford Recall 17C01: Instrument Cluster May Fail To Illuminate/FMVSS102
2017 Ford F-150
If the transmission gear position indicator fails to illuminate, the driver may be unable to tell the transmission shift position, increasing the risk of a crash or injury from unintended vehicle movement.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Gear Position Indication (Prndl)
Electrical System — Instrument Panel
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 F-150 trucks equipped with an eight-inch productivity screen. In these vehicles, the instrument cluster may lose power after the initial vehicle start-up in cold ambient temperatures. Several gauges, including the transmission gear position indicator, may not illuminate. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicles Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 102, "Transmission shift position sequence, starter interlock, and transmission braking effect."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the instrument cluster, free of charge. The recall began February 20, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17C01.
- Documents (11)
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 102
- Media Statement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - January 25, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 17C01
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - June 9, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Compliance Recall 17C01 – Supplement #1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.