- January 8: Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- December 28: Ford Recalls EcoSports and Transit Connects Over Airbags recalls | 18 days ago
- December 24: Ford Door Latch Settlement Receives Final Approval news | 22 days ago
- December 22: Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator Recalled For Motor Mounts recalls | 24 days ago
- December 22: Ford E-Series Recall Necessary To Prevent Burns recalls | 24 days ago
Ford Recall 17S36: Transmission Shift Linkage May Disconnect
2017 Ford F-150
The disconnected linkage may cause the vehicle to not move forward or backward as selected by the driver with the shift lever. Additionally, despite selecting 'Park', if the parking brake is not applied, the vehicle may roll. Either scenario increases the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Lever And Linkage — Column Shift
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Lever And Linkage — Floor Shift
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 F-150 vehicles equipped with ten-speed transmissions. The pin that attaches the transmission shift linkage to the transmission may come out, preventing the transmission from responding to movement of the shift lever.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the roll pin with an updated part, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin December 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S36.
- Documents (8)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- November 7, 2017 NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 17S36 - includes repair procedure
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - October 24, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Media Correspondence
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.