- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 11 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 12 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 21 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 26 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
Ford Recall 99S32: Ford/FMVSS 301
2000 Ford F-250
Fuel leakage, in the presence of an ignition source, could result in a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- Vehicle description: Pickup trucks equipped with gasoline engines and 8 foot boxes, may not fully satisfy the requirements of FMVSS no. 301, "fuel system integrity." In a 30 mph frontal barrier crash test, a fuel tank vapor recovery valve separated internally. During the subsequent static rollover test, fuel spillage exceeded the specified rate.
- Dealers will install a stop plate assembly on the vehicle frame to prevent recovery valve contact with a frame crossmember during the impact sequence.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.