- February 15: Ford Duratec Lawsuit Over Water Pumps May Be Ending news | 1 days ago
- February 15: Ford Sunroof Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 1 days ago
- February 12: Ford Toe Link Recall Includes Flex, Taurus and Lincoln MKT recalls | 4 days ago
- February 1: Ford Focus and Fiesta Transmission Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 15 days ago
- January 30: Ford F-150 Tailgate Recall Issued in Canada recalls | 17 days ago
Ford Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2007 Ford F-250
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Comm trans is recalling 108 MY 2005-2008 Ford E250 and E350 vans built on Ford chassis and equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift system accessible for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Comm trans is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or comm trans at 901-726-9394.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.