- July 15: Ford Allegedly Knew About Defective Fiesta and Focus Transmissions news | 6 days ago
- July 12: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCab Trucks For Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 9 days ago
- July 9: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall, Take 2 recalls | 12 days ago
- June 25: Ford Recalls Econolines That May Suddenly Lose Propulsion recalls | 26 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150 Trucks That Received Faulty Recall Repairs recalls | 38 days ago
Ford Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2007 Ford F-250
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Comm trans is recalling 108 MY 2005-2008 Ford E250 and E350 vans built on Ford chassis and equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift system accessible for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Comm trans is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or comm trans at 901-726-9394.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.