- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 11 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 17 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 21 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 25 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 35 days ago
Ford Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2008 Ford F-250
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Comm trans is recalling 108 MY 2005-2008 Ford E250 and E350 vans built on Ford chassis and equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift system accessible for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Comm trans is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or comm trans at 901-726-9394.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.