2015 Ford F-250 suspension problems: excessive shaking at highway speeds

Excessive Shaking At Highway Speeds

2015 Ford F-250

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

$1,950

2. rebuild front end (1 reports)
2015 Ford F-250 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford F-250:

2015 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Sep 012018

F-250 XLT 6.7L V8

Death wobble - occurs at 55mph when wheel slightly turned to left, on curve or off ramp, after hitting rumble strip. Front end, left tire, violently shakes as if lug nuts are missing, continues until truck brought to a near stop. Tires were correctly inflated and balanced. Death wobble occurred four times in 3 months, twice at same location. Replaced all tires, balanced and properly inflated, front end alignment performed, replaced front shocks, replaced steering damper, axel shaft joints lubricated, all front end bolted components checked for wear, looseness, or damage. No issues visible. Total cost $2220. Internet search shows this problem known to Ford going back 12 years. Not right.

Update from Aug 14, 2019: Death wobble is back. Fix only lasted 10 months. This sucks.

- George M., Mount Airy, MD, US

Nov 272018

F-250 Super Duty, Platinum 6.7L

Freeway drive and truck started shaking. Thought I was losing a tire. Puller over checked tires, lug-nuts all ok. The next time I had my grand kids in the truck. They were scared when it happened. Called Dealer to have checked. Ford rep told me I lost a weight on a tire. He said that is the only thing that could cause what I felt. Brought truck in. When picking up truck I was told I had a Death Wobble and this is a common issue at the mileage, Ford not responsible. $1675. for repairs to rebuild front end. And out of warranty. If this is a common issue why isn't Ford making it right?

Update from Dec 31, 2018: I went to another shop and they agreed this is a common issue. They said I only need new bushings at a cost of $238.00

- Wendy T., Vacaville, US

Jan 282018

F-250 6.7L

This truck shakes out of control on concrete Highways at speed from 60 to 85 but when you hit 90 it smooths out. Ford dealer road bal the tires, replaced the drag bar, replace a ball joint and tie rod. the tires are cupping at around 8000 miles and it is a known problem but Ford does not know how to fix it.

- Roger S., Mount Orab, OH, US