- September 18: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Problems Cause Huge Lawsuit news | 0 days ago
- September 13: Ford Recalls Edge and Lincoln MKX For Faulty Door Bolts recalls | 5 days ago
- September 7: Ford Recalls Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKT recalls | 11 days ago
- September 6: Ford Recalls 2 Million F-150s After 17 U.S. Fires recalls | 12 days ago
- September 3: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus Cars news | 15 days ago
Ford Recall 99S09: Ford/Cruise/Speed Control Cable
1999 Ford F-350
If the cruise control is used and this condition is present, a stuck throttle could result, which could potentially result in a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control
- Vehicle description: Certain 1997-1999 RHD Explorer equipped with 4.0L OHV/SOHC engines and cruise control built from May 29, 1996 through March 4, 1999; 1998-1999 Explorer/Mountaineer equipped with 4.0L OHV/SOHC or 5.0L engines or 1998-1999 Ranger equipped with 2.5L, 3.0L FFV/EFI or 4.0L engines and cruise control built from January 5, 1998 through March 4, 1999; 1998-1999 mustangs equipped with 3.8L, 4.6L 2-valve or 4-valve engines and cruise control built from March 2, 1998 through March 4, 1999; 1999 F250/F350/F450/F550 (over 8,500 lbs.) trucks equipped with 5.4L or 6.8L engines and cruise control built from March 2, 1998 through March 4, 1999; and 1999 F-53 stripped chassis equipped with 5.4L or 6.8L engines and cruise control built from March 2, 1998 through March 4, 1999. A cruise control cable can interfere with the speed control servo pulley and not allow the throttle to return to idle when disengaging the cruise control.
- Dealers will replace the cruise control cables. At the present time, the replacement cables are not available. Customers are being advised not to use the cruise control system until a replacement can be made.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.