- November 19: Feds Deny Ford and Mazda Petitions to Delay Takata Airbag Recalls news | 5 days ago
- October 27: Ford Fusion Loose Steering Wheel Bolts Investigated investigations | 28 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls Transit Vans After Reports of Fires recalls | 29 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls 2017 F-150 Over Transmission Problems recalls | 29 days ago
- October 25: Ford Recalls 2018 F-150 Trucks For Shift Lever Problems recalls | 30 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 56,364 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- drain flush cooling system (1 reports)
cooling system problem