- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 2 days ago
- January 14: Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Emissions Lawsuit Filed news | 6 days ago
- January 11: Takata Recall: Stop Driving Your 2006 Ford Ranger recalls | 9 days ago
- January 4: Ford Coolant Leak Recall to Begin Soon recalls | 16 days ago
- December 28: Ford Transmissions That Suddenly Downshift Under Investigation investigations | 23 days ago
2002 Ford Taurus
cooling system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
Worst 2002 Taurus cooling system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- expansion tank/resovoir leaking6
- coolant rusty1
- leaking coolant1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Fan8
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Radiator ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Taurus Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Taurus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Taurus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Taurus.