- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 3 days ago
- February 13: 2006 Ford Ranger Owners Warned to Park the Trucks recalls | 4 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- January 29: Ford Focus Suspension Lawsuit is Over news | 19 days ago
- January 27: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs recalls | 21 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Fan Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 22,492 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
cooling system problem