- November 9: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Investigation Closed investigations | 1 days ago
- November 5: Ford Recalls Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 5 days ago
- October 28: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 13 days ago
- October 24: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall Issued recalls | 17 days ago
- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 25 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Fan Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 22,492 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
cooling system problem