- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 0 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 7 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Over Brake Hose Problems recalls | 7 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150s, Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators recalls | 7 days ago
- June 9: MyFord Touch Settlement Agreement Has Serious Problems: Judge news | 11 days ago
2002 Ford Taurus
Fuel System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
2002 Ford Taurus Fuel System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- bad gas mileage3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline9
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System7
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, ...3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Fuel Injection System1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Fuel Injection System: ...1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Storage: Tank Assembly: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Taurus Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Taurus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Taurus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Taurus.