- August 29: Ford Recalls Escapes and Transits For Airbag Concerns recalls | 24 days ago
- August 27: Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuit Names F-150 and Ranger news | 26 days ago
- August 26: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorer and 2020 Lincoln Aviator recalls | 27 days ago
- August 20: Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Suffer Problems news | 33 days ago
- August 19: Ford Mustang MT82 Lawsuit Alleges Transmissions Fail news | 34 days ago
Transmission Not Shifting Properly
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 92,450 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 7 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- replaced cracked clutch drum (1 reports)