- March 5: Ford Mustang Mach-E Already Has Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- February 22: Ford Recalls F-Series Trucks For Windshields That Detach recalls | 14 days ago
- February 19: Ford Recalls 154,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 17 days ago
- February 18: Ford Bronco Sports Recalled For Suspension Problems recalls | 18 days ago
- February 18: Ford Recalls Vehicles With Rear Axles That May Lock recalls | 18 days ago
2003 Ford Taurus
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
2003 Ford Taurus Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Failed340
- Torque Convertor Failure37
- Transmission Is Slipping18
- Transmission Not Shifting Properly7
- Chirping Noise Coming From Transmission2
- Transmission Fluid Leaking2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission136
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter12
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Taurus Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Taurus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Taurus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Taurus.