- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 7 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 10 days ago
- August 29: Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon 6L50 Transmissions Cause Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- August 18: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 35 days ago
GMC Recall 06079: Certification Tire Label/FMVSS 110
2007 GMC Canyon
If a customer replaces a wheel and only relies on the rim size designation that is indicated on the label, a wheel that is of a different rim Contour designation may be installed. It may be difficult or impossible to mount the tire on a wheel with the wrong Contour. If the tire is mounted on the wheel with the wrong Contour, the wheel and tire may not perform as intended, which could increase the risk of a crash.
Wheels — Rim
- Certain sport utility vehicles and trucks fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 110, "tire selection and rims." These vehicles have an incomplete tire rim designation on the certification/tire label located on the driver's door edge. In addition, the label may also be missing the tire load rating on the label. Although this information is not required by the standard, if a tire of a lesser load rating is installed, the tire may not be able to sustain the loads encountered during use.
- A label that will correct the label originally installed will be mailed to consumers along with installation instructions. The customer will have the option for dealers to install the label. The recall begaon on November 7, 2006. Owners should contact Cadillac at 1-866-982-2239, Chevrolet at 1-800-630-2438, and GMC trucks at 1-866-996-9463.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.