- July 7: Honda Crackling and Popping Speakers Cause Lawsuit news | 36 days ago
- June 26: Honda Idle-Stop Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 47 days ago
- June 23: Some 2020 Honda CR-Vs Need New Fuel Tanks recalls | 50 days ago
- June 22: Honda Ridgeline Frame Rust Recall: Buybacks Possible recalls | 51 days ago
- June 9: Honda Pilot Idle-Stop Issues Cause 220 Complaints investigations | 64 days ago
2003 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
The stereo backlight problem has been an issue since these Accords were only a few years old. Honda eventually issued a recall which covered the repair for 7 years/100k miles, which was nice while it lasted but now that period is over. Honda initially was replacing the entire radio ($800) but eventually began replacing just the PCB which at ~$300 is much cheaper. That sounds like a deal, but keep in mind we're talking about a backlight bulb that costs $2 to fix in most other cars.
2003 Honda Accord Electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Car Battery Dies Repeatedly17
- Multiple Electrical Malfunctions6
- Alternator And Battery Failure4
- Circuit Board Burnout4
- Starter Failed3
- Factory Alternator Failure2
- Over-Turn On Engine Sound At Startup2
- Fuse Box Failure1
- No Fire To The Starter From Ignition Switch When Hot1
- NHTSA: Electrical System77
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition22
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch14
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Instrument Cluster/Panel14
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash6
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Anti-Theft: Control ...2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Front Underhood2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Fuses And Circuit Breakers2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly: Relay1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.