ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

8.3

2018 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord:

2018 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 012018

Accord LX 1.5t

• CVT transmission

Thanks for Honda Sending, my car brakes automatically, sometimes while I am 50-100ft away from the car in front of me.

- Elvis G., Brooklyn, NY, US

Oct 092018

Accord Sport 1.5L Turbo

On 10/9/18, I was traveling on I-70 between Columbia and St. Louis, MO, when my car suddenly slammed on its brakes automatically, and then became briefly unresponsive. I was in the left lane and there was some object (like a metal canister, approx. 1.5 ft in diameter, 4 ft tall) standing up partially on the shoulder and partially on the road. I could have easily swerved around it with no problem at all, buy the collision mitigation and braking system chose to slam on the brakes, leaving me vulnerable to a huge semi truck that had to suddenly swerve around me and came as close as one could possibly get without hitting me. It scared the living daylights out of me. And immediately behind that truck was a second truck which also had to quickly swerve around me. It was a miracle that I wasn't vaporized by either of those 2 trucks! I would have been much safer without that "safety feature!" And, to make it worse, in this situation your immediate reaction is to hit the gas pedal in order to escape any traffic behind you. But, the car conveniently goes limp for a few moments and does not respond until it "recovers." Extremely dangerous "safety feature!" I spoke with the service people at the Honda Dealership. They are aware of the problem, but they say there's no fix and not much one can do besides turning off the collision mitigation and braking system.

- Gregory C., Saint Louis, US

Nov 042018

Accord

I was driving down the road at 75 miles per hour and then my brakes engaged. Enough to have me touch the steering wheel. Then, about an hour later, all of my indicator warning lights came on (and are still one). ACC, Anti-collision, low tire pressure, braking system light, lane indicator. The car is drivable but is it safe?

I brought it to the dealer yesterday who came out and told me I hit something. Now I know I would've hit something and I didn't. They didn't know what to do and said they would have to take it apart to figure things out and will let me know how much it will cost. AND they said this is not a warranty item. Bad Service, Bad Car

I need to get rid of this NEW and Beautiful car. This is a safety issue that could have caused death had someone (a tractor trailer) been following me. MAJOR SAFETY ISSUE and I do not know how or what to do to get it fixed.

- Tony L., Hanover, PA, US

Oct 252018

Accord Touring 2.0T 2.0t

Driving down the street 55 miles an hour on a clear day. Car randomly slams on brake and has brake light show up on dash. Seat belts locked up injuring passengers. Lucky no one was around us or would've caused a accident.

- Chayn K., Elpaso, US

Aug 282018

Accord Touring 2.0t

Scared the crap out of me. Traveling along, not a vehicle within 500 feet of my vehicle to the front or the rear. No vehicles traveling near me in the opposite direction either. Was traveling at 40 mph and the car locked up the brakes on me to a complete stop. Very unsettling. I got out just to make sure that I didn't hit anything that I didn't see. Alas, there was nothing, just the car acting stupid.

- Greg F., Homer Glen, IL, US

Sep 022018

Accord EX-L 1.5t

It happened to me twice on highway today and thank God there weren't any car behind me. Out of nowhere car started beeping and braked itself from 60 to 40mph. Also, one time my Navigation and radio went off without any warning. I'm little worried about the car. Any thoughts?

- L T., New York City, NY, US

Jun 122018

Accord Touring 2.0L V6

Collision mitigation system has triggered one or twice weekly since I picked car up 2 months ago. Some false alarms are understandable e.g. cornering on a narrow road w/ lots of objects in field of view near roadside.

But it's happened most alarmingly at posted highway speeds w/ no cars or signs around and flat, dry road on a sunny day. God help me if it occurs in a snow-covered road!

Definitely something wrong here because my 2014 Toyota Avalon only did this 3-4 times in 4 years!

Love everything else about the car though.

- Chris R., Solon, OH, US