7.0

2004 Honda CR-V engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda CR-V:

2004 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jan 012010

CR-V EX 2.4L 4-cyl

This is a great car, but the oil consumption rate is ridiculous. It is now burning through a quart of oil in about 500 miles, although there is no noticeable black smoke. I know there was a suit and settlement for this problem for other model years, but I clearly have the same problem with my 2004 CR-V. Being told that the "normal" oil consumption rate for this engine is a quart/1000 miles is patently absurd.

I've purchased multiple new Hondas over the years and I feel that they owe me a reasonable fix for what is obviously a design problem.

- , Marana, US

Jun 032012

CR-V

I see that newer models are said to burn oil excessively but my 2004 CRV does it too. When I took it to Honda they first tried to tell me I didn't know how to read the dipstick! I told them then why was the oil completely gone after less than 3000 miles from an oil change? I have to add a quart of oil every couple of weeks. The Honda dealer has never found anything wrong and they claim it is "normal."

- , Santa Fe, NM, USA