CarComplaints.com Notes: Honda redesigned the CR-V for the 2007 model year to kick off the 3rd-generation of the popular SUV. Unfortunately that redesign came with malfunctioning door locksand shoddy tires that wear out fast.

7.6

2. replace door locks actuators (9 reports)
  3. replaced door latches (7 reports)
  4. replace lock actuators (4 reports)
  5. join current class action suit against Honda (3 reports)
  6. replace door lock actuators (3 reports)
2007 Honda CR-V accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Mar 012016

Concern about Customer Satisfaction and Safety:

My dealer was able to change the Driver side (not mentioning that there was a recall/fix). When I came in the service center they mentioned about looking at the driver side door lock (free of charge). When I got the vehicle back they did change it. After a while, the passenger side was malfunctioning, I called the dealership and later on involved Honda Canada. Buyers beware, they talk about safety and customer satisfaction, but again, they won't extend the extra mile of checking the other doors for this matter(their reason, its NOT broken - this came from the agent).

They'll talk about expired grace periods et al, my disappointment, we as drivers aren't asking for major work here, but only our safety and our family's safety. Why not go the extra mile, checking and replacing the other actuators - they fully know that there is an issue with them.

- , Calgary, AB, Canada

Jun 162016

CR-V EX

Last year my door locks went crazy Honda thought it was my key battery at first. Doors locked, alarm went off and I couldn't get alarm off in a hospital parking! An ambulance driver going by pulled over to help me. Finally got the alarm off and I went straight to auto parts(closer than dealership and in my town) got a battery and headed to the next town to the Honda dealership. They were actually really nice and let me know there was a recall on the locks. Honda is offering to fix the driver side lock mechanism because it is what controls all of the locks. We had that done, no charge, it's a recall.

This year about six weeks ago the locks in my CRV went crazy for three straight days. Locking and unlocking at different speeds, freeway, street wherever. (By the way CRV lock systems can be reset. I call my car the stalker car because the doors would lock after anyone pulled a door shut and the car started to go. Honda, for free, reset the system to lock only after I got the car up to a certain speed-this was last year after the first lock fiasco) I called Honda and they offered to fix/replace all of the door locks for a one time fix as a courtesy.

I think for all you folks getting charged on the first fix it might make sense for you to find out the recalls out there for your cars. And even if not a recall it is a serious problem and it's the right thing for them to fix it.

I am in the process of getting an appointment with Auburn Honda(good service) in California to fix the locks. It is interesting to note that on day four of the crazy lock issue 6 weeks ago my back windshield wiper also went crazy for a day. I forgot to mention that to the dealership. Some kind of short? I don't now but hope to find out.

I am wary of buying another Honda. This is our 4th one but....my driver seat is soooooo uncomfortable and the leather doesn't wear well, which are, of course, separate complaints.

- , Grass Valley, CA, USA

Apr 012016

CR-V EX

My locks went crazy for three days! Off, on, off on-different driving speeds different road conditions. On day four the back windshield wiper went woncky as well. I called Honda as they replaced the lock(actuator/lock?) on the driver's side last year as part of a recall (or my very friendly insistence that it was a Honda problem and nothing I had done) is my understanding, and they agreed to do a one time fix and work on all the locks. I have to schedule to get it done. My dealership is really friendly but I am still not sure I will buy Honda and this is my 4th one!

- , Grass Valley, CA, USA

Apr 252016

CR-V

I purchased my 2007 Honda CR-V brand new and recently have been having problems with my automatic door locks. While driving the doors will unlock on its own and I feel unsafe as I travel with my grand children and worry when the doors will unlock on its own. I also re-lock the door but as I keep driving the door will again unlock on its own. I also noticed that when I park my car, I always lock the door yet I return to my car only to find it unlock again so it seems the the automatic door locks just does its own thing. I now can't leave anything in my car because of my fear of having it stolen. So yes my car is always empty. I feel very unsafe with this occurring and have tried to call around on getting a solution, yet no one here knows anything about how to fix it. If I go to the dealer here on Kauai it will be very costly. Please advise.

- , Lihue, HI, USA

Oct 022014

CR-V

I have gone to several Honda dealers as well as individual car mechanics. The mechanics have informed me that this is a manufacturing problem. However, when I have gone to the Honda dealers, they really do nothing to help or explore the situation unless I pay several hundred dollars-of which I do not have- in order to tell me what I already know.

I am a long time owner of many Honda's for at last 35 years. I have never experienced this type of problem, and have never had this type of dismissive reaction from the Honda dealers.

This is a safety situation, as I carry young children in the passenger seats. The locking system, at first, locks upon moving, then makes a loud noise and unlocks the doors. I feel very uncomfortable with young children in the passenger seats, as this could be very dangerous.

I would appreciate an immediate response and solution to this problem. The problem actually did begin in 2013, and I had tried to explore a local resolution to this matter. However, I am at my wits end, and have gone on-line in order to explore other options.

I believe in the Honda product, and hope this will be a positive resolution to this dangerous matter.

Thank you for your immediate response.

kkeithan53@gmail.com

- , Cromwell, CT, USA

Nov 152015

CR-V EX 2.4L

After the vehicle is started and the automatic transmission is engaged into drive, and I attain the required speed limit (somewhere between 12 & 20 MPH), the doors automatically lock, front & rear. The doors do not unlock again until the vehicle comes to a complete stop and the shift lever is engaged into the "Park: position. However, at approximately 90,000 miles, (two months ago) the door's locking systems, in all doors, started to engage and disengage when slowing down, stopping and starting up again to drive. The plastic lever (Back & Red) on the door handle assembly does not move, but the mechanism inside the doors always engages and disengages.

The doors cannot be opened either, A VERY FALSE SIGNAL OR SECURITY. I come to a stop and hear the disengaging thinking the door is open but it is not. A passenger new to my problem would think they could leave the vehicle, but not so. The doors will not open until I put the shift lever into park position. I have read many, many instances of this exact problem with 2007 CRV's and also heard there is an active class action lawsuit regarding this matter. Please inform as to the status of this case and what Honda has proposed to do.

- , Naples, FL, US

Oct 032015

CR-V EX-L

Door locks by itself when you walk away from the car. This could trap a child inside if you shut the door and don't have your keys in your hand.

- , Fayetteville, NC, USA

Aug 152014

CR-V LX V6

Same complaint as all the other Honda owners. Door locks keep snapping and clicking back and forth when driving and will not stay unlocked at times when passenger are exiting the vehicle.

- , BOULDER, CO, USA

Aug 012013

CR-V

I need all the door locks fixed in order to keep the car and the people in it safe while I am driving. The door locks come undone, or opened, when I am driving. they also make a very annoying noise! I would like Honda to fix them!

I have been a very loyal customer of Honda since I was 24 years old! I have never had this problem before, and wonder what is going on with Honda and their quality assurance?

- , Cromwell, CT, USA

Dec 122013

CR-V EX 2.4L Dohc

Had the driver side fixed and it wasn't cheap. Getting fed up with the locks on this car.

- , Steubenville, OH, USA

Dec 012013

CR-V LX

locks - lock and unlock by themselves

I did take the car in for the drive side lock recall - they said they would call when the part came in. That has been several months ago and have heard nothing!!!

- , Springfield, PA, USA

Feb 012015

CR-V LX 2.4L

car locks lock and unlock without being engaged

Stokes Honda in North Charleston in unwilling to repair.

- , Goose Creek, SC, USA

Apr 182015

CR-V

Am going to dealer tomorrow as it is evening and this just occurred...

- , Orlando, FL, USA

Feb 192015

CR-V EX 2.4L

click to see larger images

power door locks malfunctioning power door locks malfunctioning

As you can clearly see in the photos the left rear door DOES NOT LOCK ANYMORE after Spring Branch Honda in Houston, Texas did a so-called recall repair for the drivers door lock actuator. This place is a F*CKING JOKE.

- , Katy, TX, US

Jul 012014

CR-V LX 4 cyl

The front passenger door locks immediately (2 seconds) after it is unlocked so passengers are unable to enter or exit the vehicle without reacting instantly. When I inquired at the Honda dealer what it would take to fix it, I was told it would cost $300! I'm old and cranky, on a fixed income, and cannot afford to fix a Honda problem! My husband is now 91 years old and unable to open the door without assistance. I understand that Honda has settled a class action lawsuit by agreeing to fix the driver side door, but want to charge me for the same problem on the other side of the car!

My next car probably won't be a Honda.

- , Tehachapi, CA, US

Feb 042015

CR-V LX V6

I was notified of a recall on my Honda CRV of door locks malfunctioning. They were working fine, but recall notice

stated to have repaired regardless. I did. Now the locks go on and off by themselves and the rear passenger door will not lock at all. It's scary. I don't think Honda service department can figure it out. Now what?

- , Medford, OR, USA

Dec 202014

CR-V EX

WHEN DOOR LOCKS IT MAKES THIS LOUD, LOUD GRINDING SOUND THAT EVERYBODY WITHIN HEARING DISTANCE TAKES A GLANCE WHERE IT IS COMING FROM. THOSE WITHIN CLOSE DISTANCE GET JOLTED.

- , Somerset, NJ, USA

Sep 012014

CR-V EXL

This is a persisting problem that just surfaced one fine day. No other issues with the car, just this highly annoying door lock issue that the door gets unlocked itself and keeps toggling between lock & unlock during the operation of the vehicle.

- , Overland Park, KS, USA

Jan 152014

CR-V LX 4 cyl

My passenger door on the drivers side will not lock anymore and every time I go above 20 mph it tries to lock. When I go below 20 it does it again! When I lock the car from the key remotely that for does not lock at all! Total safety and security hazard.

I'm curious, if there is a recall on this? If so, where do I sign to be on the class action lawsuit?

Anyone else having this trouble?

- , Tustin, CA, USA

Jun 142014

CR-V LX V6

I'm disabled. I have a lift in the back for my scooter. I have to turn the car on so I don't drain the battery to use my lift. I was at a supermarket, I was in my scooter, I transferred everything: groceries, purse with my cell phone in the front passenger side of the car. At the same time, I turned the car on, closed the door and everything locked !!!

I had to borrow a phone,call AAA and the car is locked and the it's on !! AAA took 45 minutes to get there and it was raining and I was in a scooter !! And, it's not the first time- when I am getting in my car, loading stuff on one side of the car when I close the door, the car locks on its on--this has happened several times and I just make sure I have the car key but now…I leave a car door open while I turn the car on and take my scooter in and out. PAIN IN MY ASS and I don't want to go to the dealership and pay $$$ to get it fixed. And my clock is always fast.

- , Arlington, VA, USA