- June 26: Honda Idle-Stop Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- June 23: Some 2020 Honda CR-Vs Need New Fuel Tanks recalls | 8 days ago
- June 22: Honda Ridgeline Frame Rust Recall: Buybacks Possible recalls | 9 days ago
- June 9: Honda Pilot Idle-Stop Issues Cause 220 Complaints investigations | 22 days ago
- May 22: Honda Ridgeline Tailgate Wiring Harness Lawsuit Hangs On news | 40 days ago
Engine Rattles On Cold Start Up
2014 Honda CR-V (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Honda CR-V has a trend of engine hesitation when accelerating.
Honda has tried to fix this delayed acceleration with a software update, but many owners report it didn't fix the problem.
This defect trend is not quite bad enough yet for us to slap on the "Beware of the Clunker" seal. But it's a concern & definitely something to keep in mind for a test drive.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 37,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 24 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (14 reports)
- replace vtc actuator (6 reports)
- fix or stop selling a car that you know has a problem (2 reports)
- replace timing chain (1 reports)
- upgraded variable timing controller (vtc) (1 reports)