- November 26: Honda Pretensioner Problems Cause Recall of 303,000 Accords and HR-Vs recalls | 4 days ago
- November 22: Honda and Acura Engine Recall For Connecting Rod Bearings recalls | 8 days ago
- November 9: Honda Pilot Power Steering Rack Recall Affects 2023-2024 Models recalls | 21 days ago
- November 8: Lawsuit Alleges 2023 Honda HR-V Back Windows Shatter news | 22 days ago
- October 27: Honda Civic Power Steering Rack Recall: 176,500 Cars recalls | 34 days ago
Engine Rattles On Cold Start Up
2014 Honda CR-V (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Honda CR-V has a trend of engine hesitation when accelerating.
Honda has tried to fix this delayed acceleration with a software update, but many owners report it didn't fix the problem.
This defect trend is not quite bad enough yet for us to slap on the "Beware of the Clunker" seal. But it's a concern & definitely something to keep in mind for a test drive.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 37,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 24 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (14 reports)
- replace vtc actuator (6 reports)
- fix or stop selling a car that you know has a problem (2 reports)
- replace timing chain (1 reports)
- upgraded variable timing controller (vtc) (1 reports)