- May 2: Honda Confirms 16th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 5 days ago
- March 30: Honda Fuel Pump Recall Affects 708,000 Vehicles recalls | 38 days ago
- March 19: Faulty Tires Cause Honda Pilot and Passport Recall recalls | 49 days ago
- March 4: Honda Civic Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 64 days ago
- February 23: Honda CR-V Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 73 days ago
Engine Rattles On Cold Start Up
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Honda CR-V has a trend of engine hesitation when accelerating.
Honda has tried to fix this delayed acceleration with a software update, but many owners report it didn't fix the problem.
This defect trend is not quite bad enough yet for us to slap on the "Beware of the Clunker" seal. But it's a concern & definitely something to keep in mind for a test drive.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 29,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 18 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (12 reports)
- replace vtc actuator (3 reports)
- fix or stop selling a car that you know has a problem (2 reports)
- upgraded variable timing controller (vtc) (1 reports)