2018 Honda CR-V windows / windshield problems: windows roll down on their own

Windows Roll Down On Their Own

2018 Honda CR-V

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.

Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.

CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.

CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.

8.4

2018 Honda CR-V windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda CR-V:

2018 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Aug 172019

CR-V LX 2.4L

• CVT transmission

First new Honda for me. All windows were half way down when I woke up in the morning. Luckily the windows must have gone down after the big rain storm, as the interior was dry. This time. Make me worry about if the windows go down during another rain or some will be able to break into it. I will be calling the dealer!

- Joe B., Pittsburgh, PA, US

Mar 142019

CR-V TRG 1.5t 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

On two separate occasions, all four windows as well as my sunroof opened simultaneously. I had just gotten into the car and just sitting there the first time. The second time, yesterday, I had gone into my local Walmart and came out to find that it had occurred again. Not a good situation. My key fob was in my purse both times and I didn't know if I had activated it some way or what. I am scheduling it for service at my local dealership and will report the results.

- Frances S., Catlettsburg, US

Jan 262019

CR-V EX-L 1.5L-Liter, 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

1/26/19 Husband took dogs outside and found all 4 windows and the moonroof was open again!! This happened on 1/25 so extremely concerned....what's going on? Bought it in Sept. 2018 and it has less than 6,000 miles on it. Glad it wasn't raining when it happened (both nights). Will DEFINITELY be calling the dealer Monday morning! Bought Honda because I thought it was going to be a reliable vehicle - evidently I made a HUGE mistake!

- Sharon E., Lebanon, OR, US

Nov 232018

CR-V EX-L NAV 1.5L

• CVT transmission

Got up in the morning, all windows open including sunroof and doors all locked. NOT a very secure system! Good thing no rain or prowlers.

- lemirej2, Alamogordo, US

Aug 092018

CR-V EX-L 4

• CVT transmission

Car gurus have 27 similar cases. Definitely a Honda issue.

- slager, Spring Lake, US