- July 21: Honda CR-V Seating Capacity of Five is False: Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 1 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 27 days ago
- June 4: Malaysia To Punish Owners Who Ignore Takata Airbag Recalls news | 48 days ago
- June 4: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Over Rodent Damage Dismissed news | 48 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems
2001 Honda Civic (Page 3 of 15)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 4 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 3 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 83,681 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.