- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 3 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 23 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 24 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems
2001 Honda Civic (Page 3 of 15)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 4 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 3 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 83,681 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.