2016 Honda Civic steering problems: power steering failure

Power Steering Failure

2016 Honda Civic

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

9.3

$230

2. replace power steering assembly (1 reports)
  3. replace power steering wires for $225 (1 reports)
2016 Honda Civic steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Civic:

2016 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jul 012019

Civic LX 2.0L

• CVT transmission

This has happened multiple times over the last 2 years. Started around 50000 miles. At highway speeds (65+) the steering becomes very stiff requiring some force to overcome. Feels like the power steering is trying to fight back. It doesn't happen every time but when it does it goes on for several days in a row.

- blackcivic16, Caddo Mi, TX, US

Jul 022018

Civic Ex-T Turbo 1.5L

• CVT transmission

Get your power steering fixed! I thought my car was re-positioning itself with the merging assist and LKA. My car steering wheel would lock up. I would try to stay in the middle of the highway but I was fighting the steering wheel. The wheel would finally start to move in notches. I could not pull the wheel to one side too fast or the car would move to far over. I had to get used to slowly fighting the wheel to re-position myself on the highway.

I finally said something is not right, I was just so fed up of seeming like a “terrible driver”. I did not want to get into an accident. I brought the car into Honda and explained the issue. The car is now getting fixed under manufacturer warranty with brand new oem parts.

If you are finding a similar issue then Please get your steering fixed.

- Kristen M., Bradenton, FL, US

Oct 192016

Civic Touring 1.5L

at 4k miles lost power steering, vsa, cmbs,TPMS

Failure of nearly all safety systems as well as power steering in a 3 month old car seems to be a problem for the owner as well as manufacturer. Service advisor thought it might be mice (based on experience with other vehicles). I have yet to see a mouse who could reprogram software. Perhaps the Russians hacked my car. Or a Russian mouse.

Update from Oct 22, 2016: Service tech found rodents had chewed off power steering wire shielding triggering all problems observed.

- flipper16, Helena, MT, US