- November 29: Honda Ridgeline Trucks Recalled Over Backup Camera Failures recalls | 6 days ago
- November 24: Honda Oil Dilution Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- November 8: Honda Destination Fee Lawsuit Filed in New Jersey news | 27 days ago
- October 23: Honda Civic Infotainment Issues Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 43 days ago
- September 29: Honda Idle Stop Lawsuit Alleges Engines Stall news | 67 days ago
Honda Recall E1D, U1B, X1C: Seatbacks May Not Have Openings For Air Bags
2017 Honda Civic
If the seat-mounted air bags cannot not deploy correctly in the event of a crash, there would be an increased risk of injury.
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R vehicles. Driver and front passenger seatback pads sold as replacement service parts were made without slit openings for the seat-mounted side air bags. In the event of a crash necessitating air bag deployment, the seatback pad would interfere and adversely affect air bag performance. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 214, "Side Impact Protection."
- Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front seatback pads, free of charge. The recall began June 15, 2018. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is E1D, U1B, and X1C.
- Documents (16)
- DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Service Bulletin 18-062 April 27, 2018 Version 1
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 214
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Service Bulletin 18-061 April 28, 2018 Version 2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Service Bulletin 18-063 April 27, 2018 Version 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: April 27, 2018 RE: Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2017 Civic Service Part Front Seat-Back Pad Missing Slit
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-4
- Statement by American Honda Regarding Replacement Front Seat Pad Recall: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-1
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.