2014 Honda Odyssey engine problems: engine cut off when ignition button was accidental touch

Engine Cut Off When Ignition Button Was Accidental Touch

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.

Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.

As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.

2014 Honda Odyssey engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Odyssey:

2014 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Sep 072014

Odyssey EXL V6

This is a problem with any key-less ignition on my Honda Odyssey. I accidentally lightly touched the ignition button when doing a right turn signal, the engine cut off right away and my car is rolling without power. I called Honda and they said it is normal. It is very dangerous to have your engine cut off on a highway, but luckily I'm on my exit and I'm going about 45mph and was able to come to a stop at a safe place. Toyota design their ignition cut off by press and hold for over 3 seconds, and I think Honda should do the same.

- service.help, Daly City, CA, US