CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Honda Pilot is a solid trouble-free model year with no major problems reported.

8.0

2. add oil (1 reports)
2007 Honda Pilot engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Pilot:

2007 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Apr 152018

Pilot EX

2007 Honda Pilot : No major problems since new until Jan '18. Dealer's service dept changed oil when mileage was147,293. After approx. 2500 miles, on 4/15/18 oil light went on will on a 500 mile weekend trip.. Added 5 quarts oil on the road, then had mechanic change oil and check for leaks or other problems. No leaks, no problems found.

On 6/15/18,153,000 miles, oil light on again during a trip.. Added another 5qts. Still no leaks observed. Honda service checked today, 7/3/18, and said Pilot needs a new engine. No repairs done. I bought this 2007 Pilot new from this dealer and all service has been done by them, always following Honda recommended service schedule.

They checked VIN# against list for Honda's class action settlement regarding this issue, but report that the VIN is not included. The problem of excessive oil consumption appears the same as those present in cars in the class action. Is there any action that I can take? I was so pleased with my Honda Pilot for all these years.

I have taken excellent care of it and expected to be able to trade or sell it when I was ready. Now I'm devastated. This was entirely unexpected. I will sell the car but cannot, in good conscience, fail to divulge the problem. I'm a single woman, retired, and on a fixed income. Now I have to find a way to purchase another car with virtually no value left in the one I have. A major dilemma that I don't need!

- Wendy S., Salisbury, MD, US

Jul 012016

Pilot LX 3.5L V6

I've had plenty of Honda and Acura cars over the years but this is first one where I have had this serious of an issue with a few miles as 100K. The oil life gauge is no indicator of what the consumption of oil is actually. You need to keep a watch on this issue or you may be rebuilding your engine sooner than expected... This is a disappointment that this has not been recalled.

- williamgtx, Houston, TX, US

Dec 012014

Pilot LX 3.6L

2007 Honda Pilot 4WD...leaking oil...quart every other week!!!

Bringing it back to shop...Grrrr

Same vehicle...just had the radiator replaced...had a very large crack in it!

- Margaret S., New Bedford, MA, US

Sep 302013

Pilot 3.5L

At 94,000 miles started blowing puffs of blue smoke out the tail pipe. Started checking oil,

Having to add oil regularly. Car now has a 127,000 miles and is getting worst.

The Honda dealership I bought it from is now doing an oil consumption test.

This is a real problem.

I have since found out that honda is well aware of this issue.

This is my fourth honda. Very well may be my last.

- Jerry B., Jacksonville, FL, US

Jun 012014

Pilot LX V6

2007 Honda Pilot using excessive oil. Searching the net for an explanation and came up with there is a class action lawsuit against Honda. Models include the 2007 Pilot. When I called the Honda Class Action people my vin did not come up as a vehicle identified in the lawsuit. (this info coming from Honda). They did say I have a recall for a drivers side airbag but the part isn't in yet. I am more concerned about the oil consumption.

Technical Service Bulletin (TSB #11-033)

Are there any options for me to get this repaired under this action?

- chuckernst2011, Fair Oaks, CA, US