8.7

2019 Honda Pilot accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Honda Pilot:

2019 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Mar 252019

Pilot Touring 3.5L V6

click to see larger images

radio screen not working radio screen not working

I have had my 2019 Honda Pilot for 2 weeks and I have major issues with the radio system. I traded in my 2017 perfectly good Honda PIlot and now I want to cry. The radio shuts on and off. It says unavailable half the time. The screen goes black. When my phone is plugged in the USB and I make a call to talk through the speaker or answer an incoming call there is an ungodly loud buzzing sound that pierces the ears of whomever is on the other side of the phone. I took my car to the dealership immediately and they made me wait 3 hours and said they found nothing wrong and just reset back to factory settings. It only took a day before it started again. I took video and even googled a lot of complaints......too bad I didn't do that prior to buying. I drove my Honda Accord for 13 years and then finally bought my 2017 Pilot and absolutely loved it. I decided to upgrade to a 2019 and now I have gone from loving Honda to HATING them!!!!!!! If anyone else has this issue and figures out how to fix it because obviously the dealer is no help.......please reach out. I am begging! I am so mad.....2 weeks old.

Update from Apr 5, 2019: Oh and another thing........Big Star Honda in Houston, TX is no help so don't buy a vehicle from them

- aerebia1, Houston, US

Feb 012019

Pilot

Got the car in November and problem started about 3 weeks after I got it. The screen does not load properly, it crashes, reboots, freezes, has error messages, sometimes the radio stays dead, sometimes its on. No hands free operation, no GPS.

Honda Replaced the unit 1st week of Jan 2019 and 1st of Feb, the problem reappeared.

First they thought it was caused by Car play - with the cable being faulty. The new unit - I have not connected carplay and it still occurred.

To get it working - i have to exit the car lock and unlock and hopefully the start sequence will work. I think this makes the car unusable

- George K., Ottawa, ON, Canada

Dec 012018

Pilot Touring 3.5L

It started with my speakers making a short circuit, sparking sound and then my radio would go dead. I would lose AM and FM. I later noticed it affected the Navigation audio sometimes and also if I were using my phone through the vehicle. As the problem persisted the main screen started to go off (completely black). I would not be able to turn it back on. It would come back on by itself and seem to reboot. What broke the camel's back was this week, my other screen above the steering wheel went dead as well. I had no idea what speed I was going. Both screens rebooted shortly thereafter.

I have now brought it in to Honda. The problem is sporadic. It seems to happen if I hit a crack or pot hole in the road, but not all the time. Sometimes it just happens on a smooth road. I have to say I am pretty bummed about this. All said and done I spend $70000 cdn on my brand new 2019 Honda Pilot. I chose it over its' competition because I thought it would be the most reliable. I am pretty discouraged! I am hoping someone else has had the same problem and that it is resolved.

Youtube Video links: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLbu0N-zfr0&t=7s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCc2sEefISo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SucLS0ZeZH4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeKNh--08Y4

- Claudio D., MONTRÉAL, QC, Canada