2016 Hyundai Accent electrical problems: computer system failure

Computer System Failure

2016 Hyundai Accent

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.

2016 Hyundai Accent electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Accent:

2016 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Dec 282016

Accent GL V4

As mentioned in another complaint about this car. We drove it off the lot with 23 miles on the odometer. At around 400 miles (9 days later). We returned it with a check engine light on. Among other things, we were told, after 10-12 days in the service department, that they have no real clue when the car will be ready. You cannot get a whole new computer system to put back in it. Each computer is Vin specific and cannot be pulled from 1 car and put into another. The part has to come from Korea and they cannot estimate when it will be in.

My biggest complaint is that I believe that Round Rock Hyundai should have offered a buy back and put us in another car. It would have been an easy fix and I would never have shared my anger. At this point all I am hearing from Consumer Affairs is ,"Well just keep making your payments, you don't want to get into credit trouble!" DUH!!!!!!!

This is our third Hyundai and I am losing faith in their customer service. Also putting our college age daughter in a car with all these problems is not at all reassuring.The lemon law in our state is almost impossible to apply.

- Debra K., Georgetown, TX, US