- September 19: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Electric Cars To Prevent Stalling recalls | 7 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai 'Smart Trunk' Lawsuit Says Trunks Don't Fully Open news | 29 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai Elantra, Santa Fe and Sonata Peeling Paint Lawsuit is Over news | 30 days ago
- July 31: Hyundai Soy-Based Wiring Lawsuit Says Rodents Damage Vehicles news | 57 days ago
2002 Hyundai Elantra
Worst 2002 Elantra engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine failure1
- engine surge, over revving1
- oil pump failure1
- won't start1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control11
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling3
- NHTSA: Engine2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.