- September 17: Hyundai Oil Leak Problems Need Investigated, Alleges Petition investigations | 7 days ago
- August 24: Hyundai Palisade Fires Cause Warning to Park Outside recalls | 31 days ago
- August 20: Hyundai Recalls Palisades Following Windshield Wiper Failures recalls | 35 days ago
- August 17: Hyundai and Kia Thefts Send Owners to Court news | 38 days ago
- August 16: Hyundai and Kia Exploding Seat Belt Pretensioners Investigated investigations | 39 days ago
Plate Lamps Rusted
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 86,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace wiring harness (1 reports)