- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 4 days ago
- January 24: Hyundai Recalls Azera and Sonata For Fire Dangers recalls | 30 days ago
- January 24: Appeals Court Overturns $395 Million Hyundai/Kia Settlements news | 30 days ago
- January 7: Hyundai Engine Lawsuit Names Sonata, Tucson and Santa Fe news | 47 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 57 days ago
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Worst 2012 Santa Fe Engine Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Santa Fe Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Santa Fe compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Santa Fe overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Santa Fe.