- April 23: Investigation: 12.3 Million Vehicles For Airbag Failures investigations | 3 days ago
- April 10: Hyundai and Kia Class Action Lawsuit Filed After Sorento Fire news | 16 days ago
- April 2: More than 1,300 Hyundai Sonata and Santa Fe Fires Reported investigations | 24 days ago
- March 29: Hyundai Veloster Fire Recall Ordered To Update Software recalls | 28 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 35 days ago
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Engine Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Santa Fe Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Santa Fe compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Santa Fe overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Santa Fe.