- October 17: RECALL: Hyundai Kona Electric Fires: Park Away From Structures recalls | 3 days ago
- October 13: ZF Airbag Lawsuit Includes 15 Million Vehicles news | 7 days ago
- September 11: Hyundai Tucson Recall Caused By 12 Fires recalls | 39 days ago
- September 3: Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Engine Fires Cause Recall recalls | 47 days ago
- August 26: Hyundai ABS Module Recall Failed, Says Lawsuit news | 55 days ago
Engine Stalls/Shuts Off While Driving
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 37,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 24 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (22 reports)
- replace engine (1 reports)
- throttle body replacement (1 reports)