- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 6 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 15 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 27 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 32 days ago
- January 24: Hyundai Recalls Azera and Sonata For Fire Dangers recalls | 58 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 16 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (12 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- rebuild engine (1 reports)