- January 7: Hyundai Engine Lawsuit Names Sonata, Tucson and Santa Fe news | 10 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 20 days ago
- December 25: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe Sports to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 23 days ago
- December 14: Hyundai Elantra Brake Light Switch Recall For 390,400 Cars recalls | 34 days ago
- November 14: Hyundai Sonata Brake Lawsuit Will Not Stop news | 64 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 82,931 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 15 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (12 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- rebuild engine (1 reports)