- November 3: Hyundai Exploding Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Expanded recalls | 32 days ago
- November 1: Hyundai Recalls 2018 Santa Fe Sports After 4 Fires recalls | 34 days ago
- October 31: GM, Hyundai and Kia Sued Over Exploding ARC Airbag Inflators news | 35 days ago
- October 15: Hyundai 8-Speed Transmission Recall Issued After 230 Incidents recalls | 51 days ago
- October 1: Hyundai Theft Fix is a $170 Security Kit news | 65 days ago
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 87,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 29 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (25 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- rebuild engine (1 reports)