- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 43 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 63 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 67 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 82,150 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 20 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (16 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- rebuild engine (1 reports)