- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 7 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 11 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 19 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 40 days ago
- April 26: Hyundai Recalls 580,000 Sonatas For Deadly Airbag Problems recalls | 54 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 82,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 18 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (14 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- rebuild engine (1 reports)