- October 14: Hyundai Kia Fire Recall Needed, Says Safety Group news | 2 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 49 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 60 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 79 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 80 days ago
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 83,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 22 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (18 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- rebuild engine (1 reports)