- November 30: Hyundai Panoramic Sunroof Settlement is Final news | 11 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Palisade Recall Will Protect Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 19 days ago
- November 7: Hyundai and Kia Power Window Lawsuit Filed in California news | 34 days ago
- October 23: Hyundai Elantra and Ioniq Hybrid Wheels May Detach recalls | 49 days ago
- October 23: Hyundai Recalls Elantra Cars At Risk of Stability Problems recalls | 49 days ago
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 85,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 25 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (21 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- rebuild engine (1 reports)