- July 15: Hyundai Accessory Socket Outlet Fires Cause Recall recalls | 28 days ago
- May 25: Hyundai and Kia Engine Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 79 days ago
- May 20: Hyundai Palisade Windshield Crack Lawsuit Filed news | 84 days ago
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 85,900 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 27 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (23 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- rebuild engine (1 reports)