- July 15: Hyundai Accessory Socket Outlet Fires Cause Recall recalls | 21 days ago
- May 25: Hyundai and Kia Engine Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 72 days ago
- May 20: Hyundai Palisade Windshield Crack Lawsuit Filed news | 77 days ago
- May 8: Hyundai Genesis Coupes Recalled For Airbag Troubles recalls | 89 days ago
Hyundai TSB #Campaign 953 Dea
2017 Hyundai Tucson
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE
- Hyundai has developed a new engine monitoring technology called a Knock Sensor Detection System (KSDS). The technology uses software innovations and leverages existing engine sensors to continuously monitor for symptoms that may precede an engine failure. Watch this video to learn more. The KSDS software continuously monitors engine vibrations for unusual patterns that develop as an engine connecting rod bearing wears abnormally that could later cause engine seizure. If vibrations caused by bearing wear start to occur, the malfunction indicator lamp will blink continuously, an audible chime will sound and the vehicle will be placed in a temporary engine protection mode with reduced power and acceleration. At that time, Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1326 will be recorded in the ECM. In addition, Hyundai will extend the warranty to 10 years and 120,000 miles (up from 100,000 miles) for original and subsequent owners of the covered vehicles for engine repairs needed because of excessive connecting rod bearing damage.
Click a tab for more information.