- September 16: Jeep Cherokee 9-Speed Transmission Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- August 30: ROXOR vs. Jeep? Mahindra Says Comparisons Shouldn't Be Made news | 21 days ago
- August 23: Chrysler Recalls 16 Models With Faulty Powertrain Control Modules recalls | 28 days ago
- August 23: Chrysler Recalls Minivans and SUVs For Brake Problems recalls | 28 days ago
- August 13: Mahindra ROXOR Is NOT a Jeep, Says Chrysler in Federal Complaint news | 38 days ago
Alternator And Its Motor Module Broke
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn't seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It's worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Swedish Magazine's "moose test". The test measures a vehicle's ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn't want to hit while driving down the road ... like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 66,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 18 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- change the parts (7 reports)
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace alternator, belt, battery, and pcm (5 reports)
- the dealer replaced the alternator, belt, battery, and pcm a (1 reports)