- January 13: EcoDiesel Lawsuit Doesn't Include Buybacks news | 2 days ago
- January 13: Chrysler Tire Valve Stem Class-Action Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 2 days ago
- January 11: Chrysler to Pay $800 Million Over EcoDiesel Jeeps and Rams news | 4 days ago
- January 10: FCA Recalls 1.6 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 5 days ago
- December 2: Chrysler 9-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Awaits Final Settlement news | 44 days ago
Alternator And Its Motor Module Broke
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn't seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It's worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Swedish Magazine's "moose test". The test measures a vehicle's ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn't want to hit while driving down the road ... like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 66,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 18 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- change the parts (7 reports)
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace alternator, belt, battery, and pcm (5 reports)
- the dealer replaced the alternator, belt, battery, and pcm a (1 reports)