- November 14: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Clock Spring Recall May Be Needed news | 6 days ago
- November 6: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recall Issued Over Floor Mats recalls | 14 days ago
- November 2: Jeep Renegade Recall Issued Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 18 days ago
- October 31: Chrysler Recalls 2019 Jeep Cherokee Over Stalling Issue recalls | 20 days ago
- October 16: Jeep Wrangler Recall: Track Bar Brackets Separate From Frames recalls | 35 days ago
Alternator And Its Motor Module Broke
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn't seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It's worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Swedish Magazine's "moose test". The test measures a vehicle's ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn't want to hit while driving down the road ... like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 66,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 18 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- change the parts (7 reports)
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace alternator, belt, battery, and pcm (5 reports)
- the dealer replaced the alternator, belt, battery, and pcm a (1 reports)