- November 21: Jeep Grand Cherokee EGR Cooler Recall For Fires recalls | 7 days ago
- November 18: Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Steering Issues recalls | 10 days ago
- October 12: Jeeps and Rams Have Seat Belt Retractor Problems recalls | 47 days ago
- October 9: Chrysler Active Head Restraint System Causes Lawsuit news | 50 days ago
Jeep Preliminary Evaluation PE06056: INTERIOR FIRE, PASSENGER SIDE DASH AREA
2007 Jeep Liberty
INTERIOR FIRE, PASSENGER SIDE DASH AREA
Electrical System:Wiring:Interior/Under Dash
- This investigation was opened on November 21, 2006 based on two owner reports and one E-mail report alleging an interior fire in the passenger side area of the dash panel.DaimlerChrysler (DCC) has identified a defect in the blower motor of the HVAC system in the subject vehicles and in certain 2007 model year Liberty vehicles.the defect report states, "under certain conditions the heating, ventilation and airconditioning (HVAC) blower motor may overheat and cause an interior fire."DCC will recall 149,065 vehicles to replace the original HVAC blower motor with one of a new design.the vehicles included in the recall are all 2006 model year and 2007 model year Jeep Liberty vehicles built from start of production through August 15, 2006.see NHTSA recall number 07V089 for details.
- Documents (5)
- DAIMLERCHRYSLER RESPONSE 2/2/2007 WITH ENCLOSURES 1,2,3,11,13,14
- DAIMLERCHRYLSER RESPONSE 2/2/2007 LETTER TO ODI
- CLOSING RESUME APPROVED-*03/12/2007*P
- OPENING RESUME APPROVED (DCC) PASSENGER SIDE DASH FIRE - C.G. * 11/21/06 * P
- IR TO MFR (DCC) PASSENGER SIDE DASH AREA FIRES IN MY06 JEEP LIBERTY VEHICLES -C.G. * 12/08/06 * P
Click a tab for more information.