- May 5: Hyundai Nu Engine Recall Ordered Over Piston Oil Rings recalls | 5 days ago
- April 30: Model Year 2022 Kia Carnivals Recalled For Fuel Leaks recalls | 10 days ago
- April 26: Kia Forte Oil Pump Failures Cause Recall recalls | 14 days ago
- April 25: Kia Recalls Soul and Seltos Vehicles After Engine Fires recalls | 15 days ago
- March 29: Hyundai and Kia Engine Lawsuit Involves GDI and MPI Engines news | 42 days ago
Kia Preliminary Evaluation PE11010: Transmission Intermediate Driveshaft
2011 Kia Sorento
Transmission Intermediate Driveshaft
Power Train:Automatic Transmission
- On April 25, 2011, Kia Motors Corporation submitted a defect notification letter to NHTSA regarding a transmission intermediate driveshaft condition in approximately 12,690 model year (MY) 2011 Kia Sorento 2-wheel drive vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions and 2.4L engines (NHTSA Recall No. 11V-258).The recall addresses a defect with the external shape of the engine block which can prevent the intermediate shaft bearing bracket from mating evenly with the engine block.This can cause a misalignment of the intermediate shaft with the right side output gear.Resulting damage could cause a loss of motive power.Additionally, on April 27, 2011, Hyundai Motor Company submitted a defect notification (NHTSA Recall No. 11V-261) for the same issue in approximately 6,169 MY 2010 Sante Fe 2-wheel drive vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions and 2.4L engines that use the same components as the recalled Kia Sorento vehicles.This investigation is closed.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.