- February 28: Kia Sedonas Recalled Because of Fuel Rail Leaks recalls | 32 days ago
- February 27: Kia Optima Fuel Hose Recall Issued To Prevent Fires recalls | 33 days ago
- February 20: Kia Sorento and Sedona Fires Cause Recall of 229,000 Vehicles recalls | 40 days ago
- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 43 days ago
Kia Preliminary Evaluation PE11010: Transmission Intermediate Driveshaft
2011 Kia Sorento
Transmission Intermediate Driveshaft
Power Train:Automatic Transmission
- On April 25, 2011, Kia Motors Corporation submitted a defect notification letter to NHTSA regarding a transmission intermediate driveshaft condition in approximately 12,690 model year (MY) 2011 Kia Sorento 2-wheel drive vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions and 2.4L engines (NHTSA Recall No. 11V-258).The recall addresses a defect with the external shape of the engine block which can prevent the intermediate shaft bearing bracket from mating evenly with the engine block.This can cause a misalignment of the intermediate shaft with the right side output gear.Resulting damage could cause a loss of motive power.Additionally, on April 27, 2011, Hyundai Motor Company submitted a defect notification (NHTSA Recall No. 11V-261) for the same issue in approximately 6,169 MY 2010 Sante Fe 2-wheel drive vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions and 2.4L engines that use the same components as the recalled Kia Sorento vehicles.This investigation is closed.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.