- July 17: Kia Sedona Minivans Recalled After Fire recalls | 22 days ago
- June 12: Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Fires Cause Recall recalls | 57 days ago
- May 18: Chrysler Valve Stem Lawsuit Loses Plaintiff news | 82 days ago
2008 Mini Cooper
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Mini Cooper has problems with the oil feed lines to the turbo leaking which is not only dangerous & a fire hazard, but also costs $1,200 to fix at relatively low mileage.
Also the 2008 Mini Cooper has a defective timing belt tensioner pulley that can cause the timing chain to break, resulting in expensive engine damage.
Worst 2008 Mini Cooper Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problemsNHTSA: 169
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 70
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 18
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 10
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 10
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 8
- steering problemsNHTSA: 7
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 7
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 5
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 5
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 5
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 3
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mini Cooper Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Cooper compares to other years?
Check out our Mini Cooper overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cooper.
Worst 2008 Mini Cooper Problems
We're actively collecting data on the worst problems for the Mini Cooper. If you've had a problem, please help us out and report it.