- September 26: Chrysler Pacifica Uconnect Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 51 days ago
- September 15: MINI Coopers Recalled To Install Missing Crash Pads recalls | 62 days ago
- September 10: BMW Recalls X1, X2 and MINI Cooper Vehicles Over Tie Rods recalls | 67 days ago
2008 Mini Cooper
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Mini Cooper has problems with the oil feed lines to the turbo leaking which is not only dangerous & a fire hazard, but also costs $1,200 to fix at relatively low mileage.
Also the 2008 Mini Cooper has a defective timing belt tensioner pulley that can cause the timing chain to break, resulting in expensive engine damage.
Worst 2008 Mini Cooper Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problemsNHTSA: 167
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 68
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 18
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 9
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 9
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 8
- steering problemsNHTSA: 7
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 7
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 5
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 4
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 3
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mini Cooper Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Cooper compares to other years?
Check out our Mini Cooper overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cooper.
Worst 2008 Mini Cooper Problems
We're actively collecting data on the worst problems for the Mini Cooper. If you've had a problem, please help us out and report it.