- August 1: BMW Recalls 23,000 Vehicles For Seat Belt Retractors recalls | 4 days ago
- July 26: Chrysler Sliding Door Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- July 13: Chrysler and Dodge Minivan Sliding Door Problems Investigated investigations | 23 days ago
- June 15: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled Over Seat Frames recalls | 51 days ago
- May 31: Chrysler Minivan Power Window Allegedly Strangled Girl news | 66 days ago
2008 Mini Cooper
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Mini Cooper has problems with the oil feed lines to the turbo leaking which is not only dangerous & a fire hazard, but also costs $1,200 to fix at relatively low mileage.
Also the 2008 Mini Cooper has a defective timing belt tensioner pulley that can cause the timing chain to break, resulting in expensive engine damage.
Worst 2008 Mini Cooper Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problemsNHTSA: 171
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 79
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 18
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 11
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 11
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 8
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 8
- steering problemsNHTSA: 7
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 6
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 5
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mini Cooper Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Cooper compares to other years?
Check out our Mini Cooper overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cooper.
Worst 2008 Mini Cooper Problems
We're actively collecting data on the worst problems for the Mini Cooper. If you've had a problem, please help us out and report it.