- October 19: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 29 days ago
- October 15: Feds Close Investigation Into BMW's Recall Failures investigations | 33 days ago
- September 21: MINI Cooper Oil Filter Housing Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 57 days ago
- September 20: FCA Recalls Chrysler Pacifica Minivans To Fix Seat Belt Buckles recalls | 58 days ago
- September 6: smart fortwo Fire Investigation Upgraded by Feds investigations | 72 days ago
2008 Mini Cooper
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Mini Cooper has problems with the oil feed lines to the turbo leaking which is not only dangerous & a fire hazard, but also costs $1,200 to fix at relatively low mileage.
Also the 2008 Mini Cooper has a defective timing belt tensioner pulley that can cause the timing chain to break, resulting in expensive engine damage.
Worst 2008 Cooper Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problemsNHTSA: 149
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 58
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 16
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 9
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 9
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 8
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 5
- steering problemsNHTSA: 5
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 4
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mini Cooper Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Cooper compares to other years?
Check out our Mini Cooper overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cooper.