- November 21: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Engines Shut Off: Federal Petition news | 21 days ago
- November 18: Honda Odyssey Second-Row Seat Problems Injure 46 recalls | 24 days ago
- October 19: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 54 days ago
- October 15: Feds Close Investigation Into BMW's Recall Failures investigations | 58 days ago
- September 21: MINI Cooper Oil Filter Housing Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 82 days ago
2004 Mini Cooper
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Power steering problems are a major issue with the 2004 Mini Cooper, with hundreds of owners reporting complaints to the NHTSA about their power steering suddenly failing while driving.
Some power steering failures have caused crashes & injuries. Average mileage at failure is well under 100,000 miles & the repair cost is over $1,000. Not good.
Worst 2004 Cooper Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- AC / heater problems1
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 448
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 33
- engine problemsNHTSA: 13
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 9
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 7
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 4
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mini Cooper Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Cooper compares to other years?
Check out our Mini Cooper overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cooper.