- April 16: Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 28 days ago
- April 15: Kia Carnival Power Sliding Door Problems Investigated investigations | 29 days ago
- April 11: Chrysler Town & Country Fire Investigation Closed investigations | 33 days ago
- April 3: Chrysler Pacifica and Voyager Minivans Recalled recalls | 41 days ago
- March 27: Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Fire Risk Causes Class Action Lawsuit news | 48 days ago
2004 Mini Cooper
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Power steering problems are a major issue with the 2004 Mini Cooper, with hundreds of owners reporting complaints to the NHTSA about their power steering suddenly failing while driving.
Some power steering failures have caused crashes & injuries. Average mileage at failure is well under 100,000 miles & the repair cost is over $1,000. Not good.
Worst 2004 Mini Cooper Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 15
- AC / heater problems1
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 459
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 34
- engine problemsNHTSA: 15
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 11
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 7
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 5
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 3
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mini Cooper Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Cooper compares to other years?
Check out our Mini Cooper overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cooper.