- July 19: Nissan Recalls Titan Trucks Due To Alternator Wire Harnesses recalls | 2 days ago
- July 8: Nissan Prevails in Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- June 11: Nissan Altima CVT Class Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 40 days ago
- May 31: Nissan Altimas Recalled For Risk of Fires recalls | 51 days ago
- May 12: Appeals Court Upholds $25 Million Verdict Against Nissan news | 70 days ago
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Frontier (Page 9 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 104,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 189 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (122 reports)
- not sure (22 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission due to oil contaminati (14 reports)
- replace transmission (7 reports)
- fix it and compensate owners for full expense (5 reports)
- extended warranty announced by Nissan on 10/15/10 (4 reports)