- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 53 days ago
- April 25: Nissan Titan Trucks Recalled For Missing Labels recalls | 57 days ago
- April 24: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Problems Blamed For 14 Crashes investigations | 58 days ago
- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 66 days ago
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Frontier (Page 9 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 103,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 188 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (122 reports)
- not sure (22 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission due to oil contaminati (13 reports)
- replace transmission (7 reports)
- fix it and compensate owners for full expense (5 reports)
- extended warranty announced by Nissan on 10/15/10 (4 reports)