- March 21: Nissan Recalls 370Z Cars to Fix Curtain Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- March 17: Nissan Recalls JUKEs For Second Time For Same Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- March 9: Nissan Wants Continuously Variable Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 13 days ago
- March 8: Nissan Sentra Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- February 24: Nissan Sunroof Exploded Like a Shotgun Blast: Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Frontier (Page 9 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 103,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 187 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (121 reports)
- not sure (22 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission due to oil contaminati (13 reports)
- replace transmission (7 reports)
- fix it and compensate owners for full expense (5 reports)
- extended warranty announced by Nissan on 10/15/10 (4 reports)