- February 15: Nissan Altima Door Latch Problems Cause 2nd Recall recalls | 4 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 9 days ago
- January 21: Nissan Fails in Motion to Dismiss Altima Transmission Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Wants Altima Floorboard Lawsuit Tossed news | 53 days ago
- December 27: Nissan Forward Emergency Braking Malfunction Causes Lawsuit news | 54 days ago
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Frontier (Page 9 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 103,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 188 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (122 reports)
- not sure (22 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission due to oil contaminati (13 reports)
- replace transmission (7 reports)
- fix it and compensate owners for full expense (5 reports)
- extended warranty announced by Nissan on 10/15/10 (4 reports)