- May 5: Nissan Rogues Recalled For Rear Brake Calipers recalls | 3 days ago
- April 4: Nissan Transmission Lawsuit Names Pathfinder and Rogue news | 34 days ago
- March 27: Nissan Rogue Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Recalls 2021 Rogue For Wrong Wheel Nuts recalls | 44 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Altima Hood Latch Recall Fix Failed: Lawsuit news | 49 days ago
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Frontier (Page 9 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 104,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 189 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (122 reports)
- not sure (22 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission due to oil contaminati (14 reports)
- replace transmission (7 reports)
- fix it and compensate owners for full expense (5 reports)
- extended warranty announced by Nissan on 10/15/10 (4 reports)