- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 42 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 42 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 52 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 61 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 66 days ago
2009 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).
Worst 2009 Maxima steering Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.